Pacifica Senior Living
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer services while serving beverages· and meals to patrons seated at tables in the dining room(s) located in the Community.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership. * Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons. * Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishings support; by taking initiate and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions. * Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance. * Demonstrate awareness of sanitation regulations in handling and storing food. * Demonstrate awareness of safety rules in the kitchen * Take beverage and meal orders. * Collect order from kitchen, add appropriate garnish, place meal on tray, and serve to patrons with napkins and condiments. * Serve dining room patrons with the highest level of customer service. * Compute bill.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting. * Perform other related assignments as required. * Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate Handbook. * Be prepared to work in any area of the department.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance. * Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality. * Respect Resident’s Rights. * Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork. * Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly. * Demonstrate willingness to help other staff when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. * May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods. * Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic). * Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards. * Regularly required to sit and talk or listen. * Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 50 pounds. When lifting must use necessary safety equipment if applicable and apply safety training during lifting. Slip resistant shoes and proper safety clothes are required. Gloves are to be used while preparing food. Failure to use proper safety equipment will result in disciplinary action and grounds for termination. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. * Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes. * Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays. * The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy. * Must be available for weekend coverage. * Withstand heat from cooking area and cold from below-zero freezers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Waiting Tables and taking orders in a restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking orders
- Delivering food
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Prep or side work
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes