Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville
Pacifica Senior Living-McMinnville is looking for a great Memory Care Director! Full Time available!
Why Join Us?
You can make a difference! Grow your career and do the job you love with people you enjoy working with! We offer competitive benefits and salaries.
Pacifica Senior Living is a premier company providing care to seniors and their families throughout the United States. We specializing in full-service, assisted living and memory care. We offer a competitive starting wage along with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Online continuing education
- A positive working environment
- Discounted employee meal program
- Opportunity for career advancement
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Memory Care Community. Directing all aspects of resident care, maintaining medical supplies inventory, implementing health orientation, and training programs for staff and residents. Expectations are to coordinate and implement programs and services designed for residents with cognitive impairment; meet or exceed standards of care; encourage and assist each Memory Care resident to function at their highest level of ability; and by word and action reassure families and friends that residents are safe secure and well cared for.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Supervise Memory Care staff, provide training set and adjust rates of pay and hours of work, provide informal and formal performance feedback, recognize both appropriate and inappropriate behaviors/performances through rewards and discipline, and apportion work among subordinates.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Memory Care program mission, goals, and philosophy.
- Interview residents and families prior to admission and coordinate pre-admission screening and assessment.
- Develop residents’ service plans, assess and update plans on a timely basis.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, dining, continence
care, mobility, and other functions as designated in the residents’ service plan.
- Respond to all resident concerns and requests (including call lights) in an appropriate, timely, and courteous manner.
- Assist residents at meals by helping with menu selection as necessary, resetting tables, serving meals, delivering meals to rooms, and laundering of table linens on designated shifts.
- Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
- Provide medication supervision within State guidelines, when so directed.
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, monthly weights, and blood pressure as assigned.
- Assist in the move in, transfer, and move out of residents as directed.
- Consistently contribute to the quarterly newsletter.
- Recognize changes in residents’ conditions during daily interaction
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent information in resident charts.
- Ensure cleanliness of residents’ rooms and all other areas of the Community.
- Attend and participate in all Department Head meetings.
- Provide appropriate training relating to such areas as behavior management, redirection, and communication tools.
- Appropriately assist residents and resolve concerns without having to be asked..
- Participate in New Hire Orientation program and other regular associate meetings or functions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Implement orientation and education programs that explain the philosophy of service in accordance with Pacifica Policies and Procedures.
- Evaluate resident care needs and determine required level of care.
- Update medical charts and care plans.
- Monitor and maintain records of immunizations requirements for associates and residents.
- Manage medication and monitor associates in administration of mediation, including frequent audits of medication records.
- Order medications from pharmacy and maintain records.
- Assure that medications are properly stored and cared for.
- Observe residents’ health status and take actions to address concerns within scope of practice.
- Observe, record, and notify Executive Director, physician, family, and pharmacist of significant changes to residents’ condition and reactions to medication, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Maintain all health equipment for safe and proper functions
- Review and implement incident reports; evaluate for need of intervention to minimize risk of further occurrences.
- Read and decipher medications and charts.
- Ensure that all new associates receive general and specific job training.
- Continually assess resident needs in relation to associate training needs to determine priorities in designing an ongoing orientation program.
- Track and ensure regulatory training requirements are met for associates annually.
- Incorporate State Department of Social/Facility Services/Public Welfare/Licensure requirements during in-service training and orientation.
- Supervise and evaluate abilities of personal care associates.
- Maintain professional accountability for personal nursing practice and care delegated to non-licensed associates.
- Maintain records and files for residents, inventory, and supplies.
- Provide a quality assisted living program. Added Responsibilities
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate Handbook and Nurse
Practice Act in the state of licensure and practice.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Attend required in-service training.
- Be willing and able to work in any facility care position.
- Interview and test job applicants.
- Maintain records and files for residents, associates, inventory and supplies.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality; abide HIPAA laws.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Observe standard precaution procedures and all safe workplace measures.
- Report any suspected or observed abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property or funds of a resident to the appropriate licensing agencies.
- Operate department within budget.
- This position requires the applicant to be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational
Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) with an unencumbered license to practice nursing within the state of application.
- The position requires at a minimum of one year of experience in assisted living or skilled nursing.
- Must possess valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
***We are a Drug Free Community***
If you are a friendly and motivated person who loves working with seniors and are interested, please send your resume today or apply in person at 320 SW Hill RD McMinnville OR 97128!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- ltc: 1 year (Preferred)
- lpn: 1 year (Preferred)
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- On call
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible