Pacifica Senior Living- Oceanside
This position provides direct care and medication assistance to the residents in a manner that meets or exceeds Community expectations, including being familiar with and prepared to fulfill responsibilities.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and. compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Provide assistance (or reminders) with activities of daily living, including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair cleaning and brushing, and transferring to and from activities and meals, as needed.
- Provide assistance with resident’s personal environment (e.g. clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
- Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
- Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident, and other dining related responsibilities;
record and report changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents’ service plans or as circumstances dictate.
- Record and report changes in resident’s condition to the supervisor including but not limited to changes in resident’s ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes, bruising, etc.
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent information in resident charts.
- Immediately report all incidents or accident involving residents to the Resident
- Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary information on the Resident Incident and
Accident Reporting Form.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment by performing general scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other residents.
- Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Follow outlined procedure, physicians’ orders, and state laws when assisting or supervising residents with medications. Exhibit an understanding of and be willing to follow medication policy and
- Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Assist supervisor with administrative tasks, including: Functioning as point of contact during shift for communication between supervisors, doctors, and families.
- Stock medical and office supplies on a daily basis.
- Daily follow up on bath schedules and vital signs (blood pressure, weight, and respiration, etc).
- Check residents’ files daily for appropriate and necessary signatures.
- Complete incident reports with physician and notify family members as directed.
- Assume additional responsibilities related to medication administration, including: Maintain security and accountability for medications during shift.
- Inventory controlled substances and provide accurate reconciliation of the inventory. Count controlled substances with another associate each time responsibility of medication administration changes.
- Review of medication administration record for errors ·at the completion of each medication pass.
- Assurance that care and services related to medication administration are provided in a safe and secure manner and follow state license rules.
- Weekly verification that residents who are approved to administer their own medication you are doing so and, where applicable, are completing the medication administration record sheet.
- Assistance with the review of medication books for errors.
- Complete medication error forms and obtaining the appropriate associate signatures before forwarding to supervisor. This includes notification of the physician.
- Responsibility for medication reorders, including PRN medication.
- Weekly review of medication sheets and verification of residents’ capability to administer their own medications.
- Faxing of written or faxed orders from doctors to pharmacies. Added Responsibilities
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate Handbook.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Attend required in-service training.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Observe standard precaution procedures and all safe workplace measures.
- Report any suspected or observed abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property or funds of a resident to the appropriate licensing agencies.
- Perform duties under the direction of a licensed nurse, within the scope of certified practices, and within verified skills competency.
- Pursuant to state regulations must remain awake.
- This position prefers a high school diploma or equivalent certificate and a competent history in a similar facility.
- Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to state regulations may need to possess current CPR, Certified Nursing Assistant Certification state certifications, and pass an examination
and/or skills evaluation. Also, must meet requirements for continuing education and maintain all license(s).
- Speak read and understand English fluently.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or Standard Regularly required sitting and talking or listening.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, and push up to 50 pounds. Anything 50lbs and over requires another person to assist in lifting. When lifting must use necessary safety equipment if applicable and apply safety training during lifting. Failure to use proper safety equipment will result in disciplinary action and grounds for termination. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
- Position specific physical/mental requirements.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance