Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers
Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Supervise maintenance and housekeeping staff; provide training; set and adjust rates of pay and hours of work; provide performance feedback both informally and formally; recognize both appropriate and inappropriate behaviors and performance (provide rewards and discipline); apportion work among subordinates.
- Perform removal, installation and repair/rebuilding of A/C equipment (e.g. compressor change outs, refrigeration leaks, motor replacements, recharging).
- Maintain budget record keeping, expenditure logs or spend-down sheets. participate in New Hire
Orientation program and other regular associate meetings or functions.
- Schedule and ensure completion of work orders.
- Schedule and implement preventative maintenance.
- Train staff in safety techniques.
- Sub contract repairs or alterations as necessary, securing fiscally sound bids.
- Oversee sub-contractors’ performance.
- Coordinate with marketing regarding apartment appearance and availability.
- Assist with move-in/out details. Prepare/repair rooms for resident use.
- Test and maintain safety equipment, fire alarm systems, smoke detectors, and emergency call systems.
- Maintain compliance with state regulatory requirements regarding maintenance systems (e.g. water
temperatures, call-bell systems, door alarms, fire alarms, etc.).
- Repair plumbing fixtures (e.g., leaky faucets, toilets, sinks, drain, valves, water lines, ball cocks). Plunge
toilets, sink, and floor drains.
- Repair electrical apparatus, (e.g., lights, switches, outlets, motors, icemakers, and appliances). Replace
overhead light bulbs.
- Repair appliances (e.g., garbage disposal, dishwashers, icemakers, laundry equipment, stoves, heating
and air conditioning equipment, commercial kitchen and laundry equipment, telephone systems, nurse
- Replace windows and tinting.
- Hang pictures, draperies, and vertical blinds.
- Hang wall cabinets (e.g., kitchen and bath).
- Install grab bars.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions in floors.
- Perform door removal and installation. Repair door locks and make adjustments.
- Perform wall texturing, painting, wall repairs and wallpapering.
- Complete roof repairs.
- Rotate on-call status and be available for consultation in an emergency situation.
- Possess diagnostic abilities and skills regarding detail completion.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate Handbook.
- Able to work in any maintenance staff’s place when necessary.
- Be available for on-call emergency situations on a rotating basis.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly:
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Project and meet budgeting requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
- plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- apartment maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift