Scottsdale Village Square
Cook (10:30am -7pm)
Scottsdale Village Square, a Pacifica Senior Living Community is seeking the following:
The Cook performs multi-functional culinary duties related to food preparation including set-up, service and clean up. Other responsibilities include:
· Prepare food daily per SVS standards and procedures
· Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards
· Assist with set-up, service and clean-up of food production
· Ensure proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
· Assist with safety and training procedures in handling of food service equipment
· Ensure compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
· Must possess effective listening skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Ability to work independently as well as work as part of team
· Ability to work early morning or evening shifts, as well as days, weekends and holidays
· Understanding of working with older population
· Flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
· Long Term Care experience preferred
Provide accurate, timely food service to meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements and to maintain dietary equipment in a safe, sanitary manner.
- Serve meals in a professional manner, demonstrating a genuine concern to please residents and guests.
- Follow safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Perform all side work and setup/breakdown duties as assigned.
- Ensure that residents and guests receive high quality food in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a positive attitude, demonstrate professional behavior and practice good personal hygiene.
- Wait on tables and assist other staff as needed.
- Tactfully and professionally, handle resident concerns and complaints.
- Follow all Dining Services Standards of service.
- Ensure compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
Maintain kitchen dishwashing work area in clean and orderly condition, clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils according to standardized processes that comply with federal and state sanitation requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Assure Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and/or pans are clean and sanitized according to dietary policy.
- Maintain a steady work pace to produce an adequate supply of clean wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and/or pans.
- Operate an automated dishwasher with solution-dispensing system.
- Sort clean dishes, transport to area and store according to dietary procedures.
- Place clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Assess problems with dishwashing equipment and report promptly to supervisor.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas. Sweep and scrub floors. Empty trash containers as required.
- Assist in the receiving and storage of food and supplies.
- Must possess effective listening skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently as well as work as part of team
- Ability to work early morning or evening shifts, as well as days, holidays & MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS.
- Understanding of working with older population
- Available anytime (days, weekends, holidays)
- Long Term Care experience preferred
If you are qualified and excited about the possibilities this job opportunity can bring to you, apply in person or send resume to:
Scottsdale Village Square 2620 N. 68th Street Scottsdale AZ 85257 Fax: (480) 946-1686
In conformity with applicable laws, Scottsdale Village Square is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Hours per week: