Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights
This position plans and implements a well-rounded and stimulating program of activities for seniors that
fosters a positive atmosphere and meets the spiritual, cultural, physical, intellectual, and social needs of
residents both inside and outside the Community. The primary responsibility of the Activity Director is the
organization, conduct, and evaluation of planned activities.
Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and
Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with
residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support by taking
initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community
Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given workload. Perform activities on schedule while
maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
Supervise activities/transportation staff, if applicable; provide training; set and adjusted rates of pay
and hours of work; provide performance feedback both informally and formally; recognize both
appropriate and inappropriate behaviors and performance (provide rewards and discipline); a portion
of work among subordinate if applicable.
Develop, organize, plan, implement and evaluate a well rounded and stimulating holistic activity
program; which addresses the needs and limitations of residents.
Assess the needs of the residents. Observes when a resident’s needs have changed and create an
activity plan to encompass the changes.
Implement Life Enrichment portion of Memory Care Program when working with memory care
Maintaining interior space so that the resident can wander freely and safely.
Drive Community van; Assist residents entering and exiting van.
Attend weekly department head meeting.
Participate in New Hire Orientation program and other regular associate meetings or functions.
Attend weekly care conferences.
Conduct/Attend monthly resident meeting.
Decorate for holidays and special occasions and assure community is always appropriately decorated.
Conduct memorial services.
Write and edit the monthly newsletter.
Make and post daily announcements.
Make weekly bulletins for residents.
Design and post creative monthly bulletin boards and activities calendar.
Lead large group activities, e.g. discussion groups, sing-a-longs, exercise classes.
Arrange for appropriate entertainment for residents.
Assist residents with gardening projects.
Instruct residents on arts and crafts projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- geriatrics: 1 year (Preferred)
- assisted living: 1 year (Preferred)
- ltc/activities: 1 year (Preferred)
- activities: 1 year (Preferred)
- geriatric: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift